Transgo extreme duty reprogramming kit tfre-pro

That’s completely new. I’ve never seen that on their site. I just bought their shift kit. Never saw that. I would have bought that.

Yeah, I haven't seen that before. Looks like they just went through the old kit and improved on it.

I'm surprised they don't even recommend some hard parts to go with it. I would think a strut might be needed at a minimum with those pressures. Or upgraded gov pressure solenoid.

I'm rocking the shift kit as well, definitely interested in this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is transgo’s new kit. It comes with a updated tv valve, overdrive separator plate, boost valve and detent bullet. It’s a really good kit. The 3-4 accumulator housing Plate is also new and vented. Instructions changed some, this is the kit to go with for sure. I believe higher line pressure is easier achieved with this kit.

I wonder if this kit would be worth getting since I'm doing a rebuild and upgrade since I already have the old shift kit installed... I didn't install the old kit and have no idea what he did and didn't do. When the old kit got put in it was for an otherwise stock trans as preventative. Now I'm going to billet triple disk/input, upgraded clutches/count, etc. and have been pondering what I'd need to do with the valvebody with the new upgrades...

Anyone got thoughts/advice?

I'm sure what you have now will work fine, just measure and adjust line pressure 1st.

If this is mainly gonna be a hot rod, get a real deal valve body built from a shop that does these regular. The valve body is a big deal on these trans keeping them alive and not breaking chit all the time, If I only took that advice yrs ago the money I'd of saved.

I'm sure what you have now will work fine, just measure and adjust line pressure 1st.

If this is mainly gonna be a hot rod, get a real deal valve body built from a shop that does these regular. The valve body is a big deal on these trans keeping them alive and not breaking chit all the time, If I only took that advice yrs ago the money I'd of saved.

X2. Sell your current VB to some local yahoo that wants a slight upgrade for his stock one and cash. Then use that as a core for a Goerend, FirePunk, RedLine, etc. purpose built VB.

You can say that again

Appreciate the feedback guys. Mostly a daily driver play toy with the occasional tow date. I was hoping I could get by with the new "pro" kit maybe, but I'm sure you're right, probably better do it right the first time and not break something trying to save some bucks.

Back