Transmission pressure guage

Downtownbrown

Which guage does everyone use to read line pressure on their transmissions? I just built a 47re and was looking at the a&d tools guage from advance auto?

I went to a hydraulic shop and bought a 500psi gauge and made up a #6 AN line for it.

I had a 250psi gauge at first, it didn't last very long, even though it was never totally maxed out pressure wise.

I looked at the SnapOn gauges set, then went to a Parker Store and had a line made and bought a 300 psi liquid filled gauge. Much cheaper than the SnapOn set.

ce407969f4f8d494655ede5408fd3c4b.jpg

I bought this TCI transmission gauge to permanently monitor pressure. Gauge was $75. I bought a carbon fiber pod and made my own line out of stainless braided ptfe line with AN fittings. Autometer offers a similar gauge for $90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ce407969f4f8d494655ede5408fd3c4b.jpg

I bought this TCI transmission gauge to permanently monitor pressure. Gauge was $75. I bought a carbon fiber pod and made my own line out of stainless braided ptfe line with AN fittings. Autometer offers a similar gauge for $90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it feed straight in to the gauge or do you have an isolator?

Does it feed straight in to the gauge or do you have an isolator?

Instructions said to feed directly into the gauge so that’s what I did. Of coarse they don’t “recommend” it being installed in the cab.

Back