Tried a new product

partsguy662

You know damm right
One of the perks of working in the parts business is I get lots of different products to try at a pretty reasonable price. I'm always trying new polishes and waxes simply because I have black vehicles and I'm always looking for a better (and easier) way to keep them looking sharp.
Well, a friend of mine mentioned a product called Serious Shine (made by Opti-gloss) It comes in an aerosol can and claims to do up to 20 cars. (Maybe 8-10 trucks I'm thinking)
At any rate, I tried it on the motorcycle first. The cool thing is you can use this product on everything from the glass to the chrome to the paint. It worked great on the motorcycle..Removed bugs and road grime. When wiped dry, the surface had a very slick feel to it.
So, I tried it on the truck.. I quickly learned this: On glass, this product isn't wonderful. Lots of smears that took PLENTY of elbow grease to remove. :bang
If you use this product sparingly, it does a nice job. If you overapply it (like I did) you have a problem.....It sort of drys when you try to remove it..Well, you think you're done....Not so fast, cowboy....In the sunshine, you can see all kinds of the product still on the paint, making for a very cloudy appearance. :doh:
All in all, I felt it was a decent product. It did make the trim and chrome look good, and the paint looks great now that I really spent the time with my microfiber cloths to get all of the product removed from the paint. Had I not put so much on, it would have turned out better in the first place.
product info

Attachments

• Image001 (Custom).jpg
    Image001 (Custom).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 27
Thanks for the report and review there Scott, if I ever get the goat painted I might actually need some of it LOL

Back