triples secondary

yzstroker11

( . Y . )
Alright im looking to go triples as soon as my dd is done. I have a 94 2wd and wanting to make a fun street drag truck. Right now i have two he351 over a older schwitzer 66mm secondary, the turbine is 79/90 and a/r is unknown but looks tight. Woundering if i should just go with a s475 box turbo and save the hassle (roughly same size turbine if not more efficient)? I picked up the schwitzer 66mm for 60$ and it has a bigger shaft in diameter than a s474 that i have laying around that came off a 3406 or c15. for what its worth seems like it could take some abuse, looking for 1000 horse +. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Last edited:
As my secondary? Plan was to e gate the secondary to my two primary's. I also do plan to hogg out the two primaries

I'd look to a smaller turbine on the secondary, as the one you have is larger than many people use on the primary in twins.

Alright I appreciate the help, that was my fear to be to big. I should have added that the head has alot of porting and plan on running a nice size cam. I see a good amount of people also run a common s400 74/83 turbine as a single, its not that much bigger. As for fuel i plan on 5x18 And a nice 180 pump with 5kgs. For triples is that to much rpm? This is were i factored in the bigger turbine for power up top. Dumb idea ?

If it doesnt work out we could toss my s472 on there see if your happier with that or my 66

A 475 paired with two HE351's?? The 475 turbine housing flows the same as the pair of 351's. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Alright thank you. The way you put it does sound goofy, just looking for a good durable secondary. What would you say? More along what tate said or maybe a 62/??/??
& Thanks matt. The 66 sounds tempting and more efficient than my old schwitzer thats forsure.
Just want something that can take the abuse.

Last edited:
A 62/65 12 always works awesome as a secondary. Id change out your primaries though. A pair of box 63/68 .9 T4 turbos would be wicked.

Im thinkin that a 63/68/?? Would work good. Dont the pair of 351 flow like a 480? Which is more along the 800hp line ??

Im thinkin that a 63/68/?? Would work good. Dont the pair of 351 flow like a 480? Which is more along the 800hp line ??

A 480 will do way more than 800. I think 2 he351's would do 900hp worth of air paired up as a primary and very well tuned.

I would just do triple 63's if I was gonna do anything. What is your budget?

Last edited:
Good thats what i like to hear thank you. Since i have the two 351's i would like to integrate them but dont mind spending what is necessary for a good secondary. I have just over 500$ in both he351's and for what a 63 goes for is about that much for one. What i really wanna know is what exhaust for the secondary i should run 68? 71? Or a 400 frame ?

I ran a 63/68/.83 secondary as well, spooled ok, ain't gonna spool like a he351 though. Just keep your drive pressure down, mine didn't like 100+ psi drive and 2000* very much LOL I'm going to run a 63/68/.91 secondary on my new triple build, and either 63/68's or 66/73's as primaries.

Both of you i take it are in a twin setup ? Dont like the small turbine of a 351 for a sec. drive pressure would be through the roof?

Back