Truck Dying

lcaad1249

Left to go to my sisters birthday party earlier tonight. On the way, my truck died going down the road around 30 mph. It was still moving so I bumped it into neutral and started, it ran for a few seconds and died again. I pulled over got the smarty out and looked at the CEL. It said no codes but I cleared anyways and truck started and ran fine.

So we went to leave the party and got about a mile down the road and it starts acting the same except now the smarty doesn't help. I got to a side street and pulled my EZ off thinking something could be wrong. It seems to help for about thirty seconds and then starts knocking almost and a big power loss. I pulled over to a friends house and the truck is black smoking at idle. Once some friends came to pick me up I fired it for them and it seemed to idle better but still smelled like fuel.

I was originally thinking injector or tip but I'm confused why it would somewhat come and go (almost seems more electronic). Any ideas? Also not sure if it changes anything but its around 20 degrees here.

Thanks for any help

Check the turbos.. Are both still spinning freely? I had a similar symptom and it ended up being my S475 had failed. Would barely spin by hand. Sent it out for rebuild and put 78mm wheel on and all is well again. I had thought turbo or injector but it was the Turbo..

Well Mxhunter147 took me back to the truck today and we removed the TST. We also noticed my fan belt was in horrible shape which I think was the real problem. No auto parts store in town had the belt but I'll have one first thing tomorrow. The truck only hickuped while getting into traffic searching for the belt once but other than that the TST removal seemed to do the trick.

Back