truck has no power

JHDiesel

i have a buddy with a 2000 7.3 and it has lost power. he said when u hit the gas the engine feels like there is no boost and no power. it just dogs itself down. it doesnt idle with a miss or anything it just has no power. and there are no codes in it at all.

Ive ran into that problem before. I think it is caused mostly by the fact that its a ford.:kick: Actually, have you checked for boost leaks or checked fuel pressure?

check for boost leaks..how many miles are on it..theres nothing wrong with fords azzhole^^^

i absoulutly agree just sick of all the bashing round here..my bad for jumping your azz:poke:

What are some signs that the turbo have excessive play? would it be down on power?

thanks for the input guys. he has checked all the little stuff minus the fuel pressure.i will tell him to get on that. another way of describing in would be if the veins were stuck closed on a variable geometry turbo but it doesnt show any signs of smoke. somebody mentioned something to him about an ICP switch? what does that do?

7.3 isn't variable. But if the epb was stuck it can give you low power. When you give it throttle does it start to make a knocking noise?

i guess it kind of does. just think of a diesel bogging down real bad. would it have anything to do with those valve cover gaskets or injector harness?

Why not check the fuel pressure before you start wanting to pull valve covers off. Electrical problems with injectors will normally lead to injector circuit codes or even contribution codes.

do you have a scanner or something you can plug in to say what the MAP sensor is doing? that could be one of the problems.

do you have a scanner or something you can plug in to say what the MAP sensor is doing? that could be one of the problems.

x2 on the map sensor. i've also seen the warm up valve rust shut. metal rod from turbo pedestal to warm up valve.

it could be the ebpv valve in the turbo..they are known to stick and the truck would feal almost powerless

How can you check the ebpv? can you take the ebpv out of the turbo completely to eliminate future issues?

yes you can delete the ebpv..many peole keep it coause it helps the truck warm up and can be wired up to be used as a "jake brake"..the easyest way to tell if thats the issue is just by the sound of the exaust..its a louder "wooshing" sound at idle

Back