truck wont build over 20lbs of boost

Kick Start

Banned
Stock injectors, drag comp hooked up as an ez, airdog 150, HO pump,nv5600. Acts like it wants to bild more boost but seems to hit a wall at 20lbs. Egts can get to 1300 degrees. Is this normal? Just wondering if its something in the computer?

No. It was makin 30lbs at one point and then the pump went out and I got a new vp44. All I have to do to block the waste gate is pull that elbow out and block that hole off right? I have twins coming and dnt want to put them on and still only make 20lbs of boost. I've read that some people were having trouble with there computers causing this problem.

You need to block/restrict to get over 20lbs of boost. Try that and see that happens. Unless you have a boost leak elsewhere.

I don't know how you hook a comp up as an Ez, but I'm assuming there is a tee into the MAP sensor wires so the box can fool the ECM, right?

I don't know how you hook a comp up as an Ez, but I'm assuming there is a tee into the MAP sensor wires so the box can fool the ECM, right?

You dont hook up the Pump tap. Viola! Edge Comp become EZ. Everything els ehooks up the same between the two.

I C. I C. Well, I was thinking about putting a switch on my pump tap (since my VP died and new one goes on day after tomorrow) and leaving it off unless I really wanna play.....maybe that would extend pump life? Maybe not. I don't know, just thinkin' 'bout it. [/hyjack] :D

From my understanding.
Levels 1-2 Dont call for a pump tap. LVL 3-5 Call for pump tap. Just dont go on the higher levels.

Well hell, I drive on 2 95%. Thanks for the info. Sorry Kickstart. Derail. :hehe:

No your good. Ill try that and hope there is no boost leak, thanks for jinxn me. You do get timing in the 3-5 levels even if you don't tap the wire

Ya, thanks. I just verified with edge. True statements. :D

Does your truck run ok otherwise? No to jinx ya.....:hehe:...but mine just took a dump and after pump went nuts, max boost dropped from 43 psi @ 1350F to around 28 psi @ 1050F....but not to jinx ya.

Back