Trying to build a nasty obs

jfarmer86

Want to build a nasty Obs.

Plan to do a 6.0 ic injectors turbo intake tune gauges and a few other things.
Need some ideas and maybe a few explanations on things like difference between hpops and whats the best size injectors to go with it. I don't really care about the $ part I already know this is going to be a drawn out process.. It took me 2 years to build my 6.0.

I already have a fully built tranny so power to the trans isn't a problem. Want something that is going to do work but also get down when I want it too.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 0
Call swamps and send them a blank check... What are you looking for hp wise?

250cc injectors, srp 1 hpop, hypermax modded h2e turbo and mount kit, a1000 fuel system, custom tunes from whoever. That's a pretty straight forward 500+ hp setup for a 7.3 And still very street friendly. Tunning is everything!

S366 is making sone good power and very streetable. Have two buddys running that setup.

srp 1 hpop?
Someone was telling me to go adrenaline
and 250 hybrid injectors?

Do you think a 6.0 tc will do fine with the turbo?

And any recomendations for air intake? Obv not K&N

And last thing what do you think about a rough cost on that build would be around 5g?

Anything you would recomend doing if I'm going that far?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to do it all right. I have a rebuilt block .30 over that I'm going to be building all this on while the truck stay stock so like I said the $ isn't the problem cause I know it isn't going to be a quick process... Do you think I should studd the motor and go all out?

Stock bottom end will live with good Tunning I forgot to add h11 studs, smith brother pushrods, and comp 910 valve springs. I ran an adrenaline with my 238's. plenty of oil for small hybrids. I Just like the srp1 after installing one on a buddy's truck.

Call swamps or beans. They will set you up with everything you need. Gonna need a little more then 5g's tho

apreciate it, your a gentleman and a scholar. this s going to be a process lol, i finished up the 6.0 now its time for the obs then i will probably be time for a 6.7 by the time this one is done.. i wont do a 6.4 lol i hate them, im a diesel mechanic, and i work on 6.4s more than 6.0s

Made 502 hp recently with this combo:

-238/80 standard hybrids (Unlimited Diesel)
-Adrenaline HPOP
-S366 from Fleece
-Irate T4 mount
-Spearco intercooler
-CPR electric fuel system (Walbro pump)
-ARP studs
-Hamilton Cams pushrods
-Comp Cams 910s
-Gearhead tuning
-John Wood trans
*Very fun setup, spools instant and pulls hard up top. For 500 hp anyway...

Dyno graph (red lines LOL)

If you wanna know what the black, blue and green mean, click here.

PS - all suggestions so far look like great options.

i wouldnt do the 6.0 cooler just for fear of the plastic ends blowing out, 7.3 alum cooler should do fine.

250cc injectors with a good hpop
id go the s366 turbo for sure over any other just because they have been proven to do well.

Back