Turbo and Manifold Blankets

mstreak1

Cummins Nut
I'm curious if any of you have any experience or information on turbo and exhaust manifold blankets. Are they worth it, any pros or cons to using them?

Well I'm gonna find out becuase I ordered blankets for both turbos and my manifold, should be putting them on next week.

I would consider a manifold blanket, but since I spent the money to have it polished I think I may just get a exhaust housing blanket

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

So some under hood temp drops, and maybe some minimal spool time reduction?

Depends on the turbo setup. Underhood temps will be night and day difference. Intake charge temps go down 25+ degrees. Initial spool isn't always noticeable but mid-range spool (think passing gear) is. It'll make max boost more quickly and typically see 1-3psi overall boost increase on most setups.

I have Levi's turbo blankets on my compounds and love them, about to get a manifold one.. been running them for over a yr..

How much does one of these run?

Oh i didn't realize that he was based out of pocatello...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I agree Levi is the only person I will buy my blankets from. Awesome guy with products to match.

I just put blankets on both turbos and my manifold. They look and fit great! I can tell my EGT's are definately lower, but I'll have to drive more to tell you just how much lower. Levi does make a great product and back's up everything he sells.

I got my housing blanket in from Levi and its really nice. More than what I thought it was going to be as far as materials go

Back