Turbo Help

06 VETTE EATER

Have a 06 cr with an ATS stage 3 and co pilot. Smarty with hot codes, and 5 inch exhaust. Looking to add 100 hp injectors, MP-8, intake and turbo. Need to know what turbo to buy. It is going to be a DD mostly, until I upgrade the cp3 and lift pump. Looking to get decent spool time and power balance.

I for one want to know what a "Smarty with Hot Codes" is....

I'm going to assume you mean TNT...

If so... You need to get the Fuel System taken care of before you even THINK about buying bigger Sticks and MP-8.

Your railpressure is probably already dangerously low on the bigger tunes.

Where I'm from "hot codes" is trucker slang for a number of things! It usually is used in reference to Caterpillar 3406E and C15 engines and sometimes Series60 Detroit Diesel engines but never a Cummins.

[In before the Forrest post!]

probably want to lean toward a 64mm with the goals you have listed

Stg 3 Garret

Do you run this? What are the specs on it? How does it drive? I don't hear much about this turbo, or from anyone who's run one.

[In before the Forrest post!]

probably want to lean toward a 64mm with the goals you have listed

^ What he said. You can tow with a 66, but in the street I'd rather have a quicker spooling smaller compressor.

Depending on your long term plans, a 62 would work with those sticks and make a nice secondary in a twin setup down the road. $.02

I also agree with others, at least take care of your lift pump before you consider sticks. DIY Cp3 mod too.

There is a guy local that has a garrett stg3 and it sounds awsome. It is a 63.5mm with a .99 exhaust housing. I know the truck tows equipment everytime it moves without a problem. He has ddp 100s and a stg2 cp3 with all the other crap. It has never been dyno d but it feels real strong.

Back