Turbo Recomendations

lcaad1249

I'm looking for a little turbo advise as I'm new to the ppump setups. Really other advice besides turbo ('s) is welcome also. Here's my setup:

Motor:
RV275 pistons (ceramic coated on top), bigger bowls, lower ring lands, balanced rotating assembly, VP rods, A1 rod bolts, block stiffener plate, ARP main studs, and a Diesel Pro cam. Pistons were milled 0.040" so they were flush with the deck. C/R is around 15:1. Head is ported and polished with diesel pro dual valve springs, firerings, and 14mm studs.

Fuel:
I have a 180 pump that DPE cleaned up with 181 DV's installed, 0.093" billet holders, zero plate, mod'd afc, cds 5k's installed, and a rack plug. It flowed 375cc with the 181DV's in it. He thought with 024's it would jump to 415cc's and with full cuts or some of the new DV's out now it would be 450+cc's. I have an adjustable pump gear to install also.
Injectors are JL 7x.14 with a tightened spray pattern.

Truck came with a 2.6 legal S400 turbo.

Transmission is a full built HTS with a stock stall'ed ATS 5 star convertor.

I know this setup won't be as forgivable as my commonrail as far as a do it all (DD, tow, race, pull) but I like to do as much as possible.

Would like a 62/71/13ss S480 be a good combo?

That setup would be great. I ran it for a few years. I would not go with the ss housing though but thats just me. I never really like the ss I had.

We p-pumped a 24v but it didn't have as much motor work done to it, however the 12mm pump on it is maxed @ 525cc. Dynoed 600hp at scheid last year and he is running an S-300 and its actually fairly streetable as long as you don't keep breaking 3rd gear out of the tranny.:doh: But it not an auto, so that will probably make a difference.

I would put a 64/71. It worked well on my tuck. It will make in the mid to high 600hp range and be very drivable. I went 11.9 in my ruck with a 64 on nitto ats.

I believe it is a 64mm compressor wheel on our truck I explained above^^. I will check the exhaust specs for you on housing and wheel.

I got a s300 66/74/14 with no towing and is very streetable. Good top turbo for a compound setup

When you say a 2.6 legal S400, what do you mean exactly? Who's 2.6 class? Is it a s465 or a s475 with machine work done? Two completely different animals that both are 2.6 Legal S400's LOL

You can PM me if you want... or just add it to our extensive FB conversation on our trucks LOL

Back