Turbo recommendations

dieselmania

i have an '02 dodge, 6spd, with a few mods, 50hp injectors, Quadzilla programer, 5" exhaust turbo back, ram air intake, stage II airfilter and upgraded transfer pump. What would you all recommend for a daily driver, some towing but would like to do some drag racing and sled pulling. Can anyone help me with that since this will be my first turbo upgrade. Also would i need to do any other mods with this upgrade? Looking for something to put me around or be able to handle 750hp.

The II silver series would be a good bolt in and is on sale right now, although E.D. or Bullseye would be able to build you an identical charger for probably less coin.... i'm running a II super phat shaft 66 and it works great

stock ......... but if you really want a new turbo go for a s300g , unless you plan on putting more fuel to it down the road that should be plenty of turbo for you

sorry i didn't read the last part of your post ....you will need alot more fuel to support 750hp. and a big single, something like a 66mm or twins

Silver 62 would be my suggestion, or Call E.D. they will have what will meet your needs.

You should also check out the P-pump 24 valve section while you are here. I dont know how far that VP-44 will get you HP wise.

Its gonna take a lot of fuel for 750 and if you wanna tow with 750 hp i would highly recommend twins. You are way out of your hp range with your fuel mods. I would suggest a super B special which is a s300 64/71/14 and you can probably get it to support 700 hp with a lot more fuel.

i don't know if i can afford the twins at this time but will go with bigger injectors, fass or airdog 150 or 200 with the big line kit a single turbo and possably a smarty, nowing that i may have to upgrade the head bolts to studs. By the way what does porting and fire ringing the head run?

Silver 62 would be my suggestion, or Call E.D. they will have what will meet your needs.

You should also check out the P-pump 24 valve section while you are here. I dont know how far that VP-44 will get you HP wise.

i have thought about doing that, i have aquired everything but the lines but the injector pump is from a non intercooled cummins so the diaphram set up is different than the others. Was thinking of doing this on my other '99 cummins, auto, regular cab.

i have thought about doing that, i have aquired everything but the lines but the injector pump is from a non intercooled cummins so the diaphram set up is different than the others. Was thinking of doing this on my other '99 cummins, auto, regular cab.

You have a VE pump, not the P-pump. P-Pumps were on 1994-1998 Dodge trucks.

Back