Turbo Size

kydecoy

Is there any physical size difference in a HT3B and a S472?
What would the CM size of the 2 following A/R sizes on a S358 with a 68 turbine .76 & .83?

Thanks I searched both with no for sure answers

Thanks for the replay's.

It is going to be tight on my Chevy with clearing the Heater and A/C box. I may go with the S400.

Can anyone help out on the S358 Exhaust housing convert over to CM

I plan to run a S358 68 Turbine with a .76 or .83 A/R over a S472 83 turbine with a 1.1 A/R OR S475 83 Turbine with a 1.1 A/R

I am just not sure what A/R to use on the Secondary.

Thanks agian

Wrapped around a 68mm turbine wheel will spool very fast. You'll need an external gate for upper rpm power, or just keep the rpm down.

I just don't like the idea of having that lip around both passages once they meet the turbo flange. I spend lots of time and money on smooth flowing intake bends, head work, a cam, steed manifold, just to meet a bottle neck. Obviously it isn't a huge deal but personally I'm not sold on it. Yet.

It will be T3. I choose this combo because I tow and haul with my truck and want a quick spooling set up. my truck only has 3K'S in it and they let me get to 100. That is plenty fast. I was suggested that secondary with a s478 primary. He ran it with the internal gate ported with no problems it was also on a 12 valve with a lot more fuel than I plan to run.

So I believe I will go with the S358 68 turbine .83 a/r t3 over s472 83 turbine 1.1 a/r t6
with ported internal gate on the secondary and 5x.012 injectors and see what happens.
:pop:no

It will be T3. I choose this combo because I tow and haul with my truck and want a quick spooling set up. my truck only has 3K'S in it and they let me get to 100. That is plenty fast. I was suggested that secondary with a s478 primary. He ran it with the internal gate ported with no problems it was also on a 12 valve with a lot more fuel than I plan to run.

So I believe I will go with the S358 68 turbine .83 a/r t3 over s472 83 turbine 1.1 a/r t6
with ported internal gate on the secondary and 5x.012 injectors and see what happens.
:pop:no

Cool, let us know how it works out for you. Where are you getting that secondary at? A hybrid?

the secondary is a box stock borg Warner. it will be spring before I get this combo together. I will for sure let you know how it works

I just don't like the idea of having that lip around both passages once they meet the turbo flange. I spend lots of time and money on smooth flowing intake bends, head work, a cam, steed manifold, just to meet a bottle neck. Obviously it isn't a huge deal but personally I'm not sold on it. Yet.

Exactlly

Maybe a machine shop could make a t3 to t4 adapter but leave the massages t3 and just build it for the bolt pattern change.

Back