turbo snap

white 06

5.9 on the dyno the turbo shaft broke and sent parts into the air filter and down the exhaust motor was shut down instantly.Nothing but fine aluminum dust made it to the intake plenum.Intercooler checked out fine.only thing that worries me is the second gen style exhaust manifold allowing parts to fall into the ports.Question to anyone running this manifold or twins did you have to pull the head.I can pull the head to be 100% but if i am 90% that nothing is hurt i would rather not pull it.:welcome:

Fire it up without a turbo on it and see if it blows anything out the manifold?

Changed the oil checked with a magnet for inducer parts all was good.vacumed out aluminum dust out the plenum.pressure tested and back flushed intercooler.Hand rolled the motor because if it wouldnt roll over i knew something was stuck in the head somewhere.so far im thinking just crank it blow out the dust and put it back together.I feel the chances of anything getting past the cooler without punching a hole is slim to none.I should be okay but just wanted to hear it from someone else.il let ya know what happens Monday or Tuesday thanks

Last edited:
Haven't encountered very many ferrous inducer parts

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Well yeah, if you want to put in those words. :p

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Back