turbo time

dkimmel

:) I'm looking to upgrade my turbo. It gets to hot to fast. looking for more air. I've already got ddp 100hp injectors, bigger aftercooler, Denny t fuel pin. Pump has 3200 spring, timing is pumped. Maybe a super40. :evil

:) I'm looking to upgrade my turbo. It gets to hot to fast. looking for more air. I've already got ddp 100hp injectors, bigger aftercooler, Denny t fuel pin. Pump has 3200 spring, timing is pumped. Maybe a super40. :evil

what intercooler do you have? also Gillette Diesel now offers a 62mm H1C upgrade.

For the money a 62 FMW borg warner turbo is tough to beat on a mild street truck.

How much is the 62fmw??

How much for the 62 upgrade??
I can't find numbers on this

The 62fmw comes in a lot of different options. Come companies will use a proper v-band compressor, while others will weld on the v-band to the factory compressor. There are also a lot of different turbine options out there.

So in saying all of that, they range anywhere from about $1000-$1750

You'd be better off with a 351 than a an hx40 or modded h1c.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He already has an he351cw if it is the truck in his sig. I was going to suggest one but caught myself once I saw his sig.

Copy. I didn't see the sig on tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I honestly can say that a super 40 was the best turbo i can on my street truck 1stgen. That fooker hit hard!!

hungry diesel is thew guy you want to talk to about the turbo the 62fmw will boost 50 lbs

I just installed a BW 62fmw/68/12 from Eric at The Hungry Diesel. Previously had an HTT Super 40/35 hybrid with a 14cm housing. It spooled instantly and pulled hard! The 62fmw feels damn close to the hybrid. Spool might be slightly slower. No doubt, since it's a little larger than the hybrid. I beat the snot out of it last night after I installed it. I pushed it hard but not full throttle. I saw 50psi from it and EGTs were only 1000degs. while holding a steady 38-40psi. for a few seconds. This is all with a "balls-out" VE built by Giles at Performance Diesel and honed 370s flowing 75lpm from THD as well. This truck is nasty now!

Extrude honed 370s and a 62fmw, are phenomenol on a non i/c (wide bowl) ve.

The 62fmw is a very hard turbo to beat at the 400+hp level on a ve.

Back