turbo upgrade?

94fummins

i got a 91 non ic truck with a getrag. I turned the pump up til right before runaway, and thats it. It actually goes really good, but it makes no power really til about 3rd gear. I imagine its the huge 18cm housing it has. If I put an hx35 off my 96 on, will it run way to hot? Im just tryin to save the time of installing it if Im gonna be cookin with it. Im not tryin to make the truck crazy fast, just a lil more peppy.

Non I/C trucks have "baby H1C's" so an HX35 would be a decent upgrade, especially if it's free. The 12cm housing will make the turbo spool much faster, but the truck will by no means be fast, especially with a Getrag.

Also, I believe you'll need to make a custom crossover pipe, or just go ahead and intercool it.

The HX35 is a VERY nice upgrade to the Baby H1C. Also will make the getrag a fun truck then with 12cm housing.

Put in a 3,200 spring yet? Intake and exhaust also help top end.

i have the hx35 from my other truck that i upgraded to a sps64. Hx didnt like 50 lbs much, but it still is in really good shape. So the 12cm housing wont make egt's super high? It has a stans headers full 4 inch straight pipe. I prefer the stick over the garbage chrysler auto's cuz i can shift em faster. I have the whole swap kit for a nv4500 ready to go in. thanks for the info so far....

Back