turbonetics or garrett or what

silver8ts

I Have A 2002 F350 Srw 2wd, It Has K&n Intake, 4 Inch Turbo Back Magnaflow Exhaust, Edge Juiced With Attitude, Stacked With A Sct Hand Held Tuner, Trans Go Shift Kit With A Deep Sump Tranny Pan. My Turbo Is Going Bad And I Want To Upgrade. What Do You Guys Recomend. I Will Probably Do Injectors Down The Road. It Is A Everyday Driver And Tow Vehicle.

Go with the Turbonetics Ball Bearing... You will not be sorry... The Garrett can (and in my case WILL) surge. The Turbonetics has a 1 year REPLACEMENT warranty even if used in competition... The Garrett has NO warranty... The Turbonetics does NOT leak oil, the Garrett can (and in my case DID) leak oil past the compressor O rings... The Turbonetics can be rebuilt, the Garrett CAN NOT...

amjperformance said:

This Turbo is NOT the new Turbonetics Ball Bearing unit being sold by Black Widow Diesel...

On a side note, Why is it that some vendors charge a core charge on something that does not require a core? Please tell me what part of a stock GT38 is used on the "BallBuster" turbo? When BWD was selling that unit (not the same unit but one made by Turbonetics) they were the same price, with no core and free shipping for a time...

What is the differance of the first turbo you posted and this one?

http://www.shop.amjperformance.com/product.sc?categoryId=31&productId=103

I have no experience with the garrett bb but I can say the Turbonetics ball bearing kicks serious butt!!!!!!!

I just replaced my stocker with a turbonetics and with my chip in the 140 setting my egt's never got over 1200 in the 1/4.. that might change once I swap injectors but on stock injectors this thing takes alot to even get close to 1300!!

i installed the turbonetics 1.00 housing non-ball bearing, turbo, with larger shaft, and ect... on my 2000 7.3 right now my engine is stock for the most part. it has done me well, and it will do me better with a DP tuner in the future. the non-ball bearing is no longer available, the ball bearing one for the most part is the same. i bought mine at a local purformance parts store(Lane Automotive). the new part # is tbn11117bb, and it is about $1,600

ive had a gtp 38r turbo. It was on my 02 f250 had a dp tuner 120 hp chip. I ran it for one year never towed heavy with it. Had no problems whatsoever with it. David Lott from DI sold it to me and he stands behind what he sells. My Max boost that I could get out of it was 35 psi. Needed more fuel!! GOOD LUCK DRIVE HARD

Back