Twin turbo Isuzu P'up?

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
so i've got this 84 isuzu pup 4x4 that im working on fixing up to be a fun little street cruiser and a guy gave me the idea of putting twins on it, like a garrett t25 over an HX35 or maybe an HY35. Do any of you guys know much about that 2.2 motor? like how to turn up the pump and if there are any bigger injectors out there for them? i know they came with a turbo later on in the troopers, but i want to do something totally unique, and havin about 200 horse out of one would be awesome. thanks in advance

I think a HX 35 on the bottom might be you're best option for that motor, plus ther're cheap.

I would check for significant differences between the trooper and the isuzu pup, like different compression ratios etc. If I recall the non turbo isuzu was relatively high compression. Been a long time though.

thats what i was thinking, BUT can i really get enough fuel out of the factory IP to fuel twins?

I would check for significant differences between the trooper and the isuzu pup, like different compression ratios etc. If I recall the non turbo isuzu was relatively high compression. Been a long time though.

im sure it is quite a bit higher, so i was thinking about possibly having the pistons cut for lower compression and maybe a thicker head gasket

How are they built as far as headstuds go? Not familiar with that motor, so would it hold much boost before you lifted the head?

im sure i could get either better head bolts, or find a head stud that would work, i dont imagine i would need more than 20 pounds of combined boost, i'd run just the HX35, but it would be pretty laggy on a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder :hehe:

thats what i was thinking, BUT can i really get enough fuel out of the factory IP to fuel twins?

Spooling up a set of compound chargers will be a damn sight easier than spooling a comparable single....

So... obviously?

Second thing... at 20psi of boost a single would work better anyway...

IMO.

i think even an HY35 would work good, but on a 4 banger it might be laggy, so thats why i thought a baby set of twins might work better

Any Holset bigger than an HX30 will be far too big for such a small engine. All you'll get out of an HY35 is surge.

A T3-60 or GT2256V would be great options for that engine.

Back