twins to single again.

joelc79

I am currently running 64/480 non gated twins in my 03' cummins. The truck is somewhat of a fresh build still.. since i had so many issues after i got it back from the "builder".
I was working late season with the Smarty SSR and tuned in a fairly clean consistant 11.3 1/4. Along with getting more seat time and now working with UDC software i will still be having a learning curve when the weather clears again.
However i have the notion to look into replacing the twins with a quality single along with the best manifold and wastegate options available at this time.
The truck currently is a full trimed 3500 ccsb 4x4 auto. There is 3:42 gears setting on the shelf along with a mess of suspension mod parts and a S&W 8 point ready to be installed. The fuel system is two modified Floor It pumps that feed Flux 6.2 injectors.
I am looking for suggestions on turbo specs that are/would be "border line streetable" since it would only really be driven to do some back road tuning and be a dedicated weekend warrior.
I know i'm not at the level of most on here and am not trying to be either, i'm just looking for some advice-suggestions-reccomendations...
thank you!

I'm doing a similar switch. I had a billet 66 over a billet 83 and I decided on a GTX 4294 for my 97. It's supposed to be very streetable and I don't think I'll lose to much power. Not to mention I'll be half the boost I was previously running. I'd say look into the GTX's. Either the GTX4294 or the GTX4202.

Who did you deal with, i can't get a reply from any garret rep from a number of dealers..

I have emailed them a while ago with no response, perhaps i just need to make some calls.
Its hard for anyone to take a guy seriously anymore about diesel parts it seems. I'm sure every kid and his buddy is calling asking "how much is that" type questions..

Sent from my F'n space phone

Gillett Diesel Service has been really helpful to some of my friends. My diesel shop of choice does almost all of there turbo dealings through them. They don't have much on their site but the shop gets lots of stuff, including Garrett's from them. Give Steve a call and see what he can get you: 800-638-4679 Gillett Diesel Service Inc - Contact Us

I have never called FI and not talked to Jose. He answers the phone every time.

Just put the S480 on there as a single...there are some who run em.

Back