Two Tone Paint Job?

DieselMissy04

Learning!
I'm having some body work done on my truck this month and hope to finally rid the silver stripe on my red/silver two tone 2500 in my avatar. I got a couple estimates to repaint whole truck black- but after some convincing- potential red scratches just dont seem appealing or worth the hefty price.

So- question is- do yall know some good sites with pictures of capped trucks? I had considered painting the stripe red and from the pinstripes up doing a darker charcoal or even black. I've decided to keep my soon-to-be paid off truck and fix it up and want a nice custom paint job but dont know what I want without visuals!

I'm sorry if there's some posts about this already, I couldn't find any threads from search about two-tone jobs. Also, any advice would be great :)

No...I meant the two tone...The red truck and the black tires....:hehe:

Yeah, the red and silver....:D

I plan on having my truck two toned in the near future. Will do black up top to match the black stack/rims/bumper. I think its going to look good with my Charcoal colored rig.

I thought maybe you liked the idea of charcoal/black on top! GEEZE!

You will have to specify from now on!

All red would be nice, may I'm just biased.... If your worried about rocks chipping the lower portion of your truck just get it rhinolined....

As for custom paint jobs, do it viper red with some some extremely light ghost flames similar to Garmons Ram 2000. My uncle had a old school drag camero that was burgandy with some ghost flames on it and it looks so damn gooooddd....

oh yeah nice to see you posting again.

oh yeah nice to see you posting again.

Thanks! I don't get internet at the new house in Oklahoma.

I had considered the line-x before, but again, haven't seen any pictures of it on a newer dodge.

Well Geico sent an adjuster out and gave me a quote for half of the original estimate I had gotten already.. so maybe the spray on would be the better(read: cheaper) route.

Thanks!

I had considered the line-x before, but again, haven't seen any pictures of it on a newer dodge.

Well Geico sent an adjuster out and gave me a quote for half of the original estimate I had gotten already.. so maybe the spray on would be the better(read: cheaper) route.

Thanks!

WOW, From ABAC to UGA then too Oklahoma?? Quite the traveling girl aren't you?

I'm having some body work done on my truck this month and hope to finally rid the silver stripe on my red/silver two tone 2500 in my avatar. I got a couple estimates to repaint whole truck black- but after some convincing- potential red scratches just dont seem appealing or worth the hefty price.

So- question is- do yall know some good sites with pictures of capped trucks? I had considered painting the stripe red and from the pinstripes up doing a darker charcoal or even black. I've decided to keep my soon-to-be paid off truck and fix it up and want a nice custom paint job but dont know what I want without visuals!

I'm sorry if there's some posts about this already, I couldn't find any threads from search about two-tone jobs. Also, any advice would be great :)

You meaning black on top like my truck in my avatar is?

paint it like willy's but do black line-x at the rockers to cover up the silver.

My truck is kind of two tone?
Truck1.jpg

got a price to cover the 2tone paint on my truck just covering up the lower part of the truck it was going to be 600 bucks i said i just have it painted the old fashion way thanks anyway

Thanks!

Heres some pics for you. All red looks sweet!

P63000131.jpg

P63000241.jpg

so how much you got in it the line x then the paint or was it dont at the same time, man your really makeing me want to do that now

so how much you got in it the line x then the paint or was it dont at the same time, man your really makeing me want to do that now

I found those pics on another forum, not my truck. Line-x is put on in basic colors...red, blue, green etc. Then they mix a topcoat called Line-x Xtra which has your color match mixed in.

Back