Used Motor Oil Or Crude

Bad juju if you get to high of a concentration, from what I have read the CR motors do NOT like a thicker fuel, something about injector tips going bye bye :(

bad idea you will get a set of injectors we have run it in 12v and some 24v vp engines no problem 12 seem to run it best we have run up to 75% oil w/diesel but prefer to run 50-60% burns it clean

running 100% ATF with slight smoke at idle. runs a bit ruff until 12v warms up. then no difference in performance. better to thin down to 75% ATF / 25% diesel.

note I'm purposely running very thick combinations to see when mixtures gets too thick to run. I'm prepared for the possible damages. got a spare set of injectors sitting here...also looking for spare P pump and lift pump. when a deal shows up.. I'll get those too.

key to to find a clean source of waste oils. I'd go 50/50 using waste motor oils.

12v motor didn't like 75% ATF / 25% waste motor oil combo. too thick... had to dump 5 gal of diesel to thin out. started running fine within a few minutes.

WMO is already being filtered, so if you know the source. dump it straight into tank.

general rule of thumb is.... newer the diesel motor, more sensitive to fuel it's going to be.

there's a few folks starting to run WMO in CR. something like 5 gal to a tank. cummins will burn it... that's not the issue. it's more if delivery system will survive running thicker mixture. this is also assuming stock filter will take care of all possible debris. cummins fuel filter will clean to microns, so if oil used has no water. you should be fine.

12v cummins are the best.... but you knew that already :D

yeah already new 12v are the best cr for the power i guess...LOL but thats a different story

so if i find WMO and filter (just for feeling safe) it again and then add it to my tank say i got half a tank of diesel then add 3 gals of WMO then top it off i should be ok i guess i could try that

Back