Using a torqshift without PCS

Bobus

Powerstroked
So, been thinking and since I have a pair of Cummins taking up space and a pair of 6.0 trucks (06 & 07), how much work is it to run the torqshift without using a pcs? What's all involved? Alot of tuning? No tuning? Is it a cheaper method or am I better off getting a PCS for each truck?

Pcs controller works but it really isn't smart enough to properly control the 5r110. Use the stock pcm and get it tuned with an sct from a tuner like Eric at innovative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I could use my SCT from my 6.0 and have Eric send tunes for it that will run my Trans behind a 12v or 24v? I'm guessing I'd just have to run the 24v as a standalone engine and not make it so I could tune it through my OBDII? Or would I just use my SCT for Trans and need a smarty (or similar) for the Cummins?

cale from tyrant does good tuning i hear. i sent eric a message and he said he wont touch a conversion.. im getting ready to do the exact thing you speak of.. there are a few guys that have had great luck. hopefully theyll chime in

Cale Thompson tuned mine. Make sure you get your tach reading correctly and call him up and have him send you a tune.

Back