Vacuum pump

Rob D

Get R' Done
I believe it is my vacuum pump...located on the passenger side of the engine bay about a foot from the firewall...it runs continuously...even when the motor is running...whats the deal???

Leak

On the passenger side of the engine above the intake manifold there is a barrel shaped valve(HVAC related)that should have a grey line stubbed in to the front of it. It is not terribly uncommen for this to come off, def. check it first. Then start looking over the vaccum lines associated with the hub system would be next. Pretty basic, just look for a loose tube or one that may be damaged. Might even want to try a couple light thumps on the pump itself with a rubber mallet, just don't get carried away with your thumping. Pump should not run continuosly, should hear it run a little bit with the key on before starting. Hope this helps.

Well now that its light out again I can go take a look..thanks guys

welp - no leaks or disconnected fuses...however i was messing around with relays bc I was wiring the air horns this weekend...I must have pulled the pumps relay and reset it because now it is working fine...hahaha

Back