Valair single question

jc64

I just had your Valair Single Ceramic/Kevlar clutch with the solid flywheel put in the 2500HD in my signature.

It has a very very loud rattle to it. It is louder than the idling diesel noise itself. Will this quiet down after time? The rattle does goes away with the clutch engaged. I have read this on your site: Some clutch rattle may be noticed while idling in neutral due to the HD Hub Design. This seems to be more than just some.​

Other than that, clutch engagement is very smooth. I was expecting it to be "grabby" but its not. It has a very solid feel to it.

Thanks,
jc​

Im not sure just how loud yours is, but its gonna be louder than your stock clutch. The solid flywheel will allow for some gear rollover, where your factory dual mass flywheel would hide that. I run one of Valairs singles in my 07 and thats how it is.

most likely gear rollover. i have seen that some "rattle" louder than others. try over filling it a quart and it should quiet down a lot. My ZF5 used to be pretty loud, but after overfilling it with another quart of fluid you can barely hear it. Thats what Dan told me to do too, BTW..

A Big Thanks for the replys. :Cheer:

I am going to change the fluid this weekend. I figured might as well fully service the transmission and transfer case seeing I got a new clutch. I will defiantly try the over-fill trick.

jc

Back