Van Aaken Box

hillbilly06

Hillbilly
I have a 2001 Dodge 3500, and I heard that the Van Aaken was one of the best boxes that I could put on the truck. I was curious to see if anybody could get some feedback on whether or not they liked this product.

Welcome to CompDiesel hillbilly06

I am moving this to the Dodge forums where you will get more responses

A buddy of mine had a Van Aaken box for a while, it was the 65hp box he said it was great for towing his camper, but not really the best all around box. I would have to say the best box for these trucks is the Edge comp, which is what he upgraded to.

Rock springs, is that close to the Massachusetts border? sounds close :) im in West Stockbridge, drop me a pm sometime.

Dom

Out of the "mild" boxes out there (no wire tap) I believe the Van Aaken box is the best one out there.

I have 2001 ETH/DEE and bone stock my truck dynoes 239 hp. The VA added about 30 hp but where it really helped was at 1900 rpm where 480 ftlbs of torque jumped to over 600.

I beleive there is two different VA. The old first run which is what i have and a newer one.

I ditched an Edge EZ for a Van Aaken V5, the truck runs smoother, and seems to have a little more power.

I have it stacked with a Powermax 3 TST Competition box. Runs a hell of a lot better then any thing Edge makes for the 24V.

I have an R box. Made a huge diffrence on the bottom end. I have it stacked with a Bluechip FMS and can black out 4 lanes of traffic any time.

hillbilly06,

We have been selling their products since the late 90's and they always a have better bottom end. As far as les than 70Hp boxes they are the one to have no question. The older ones that could only be connected thru the VP44connection plug and the newer "R" boxes that use the data link and the MAP sensor are identical as far as HP goes, the only diffrence being the method of connection. If you have any questions on them just call.

Mark @ DPPI

Back