VE pump?

white 06

Pump is leaking from bleeder screw at the back of the pump where the injector lines hook up and also leaking from the locking screw located at the front bottom side of the pump.Can i just tighten them to stop the leak. Seeing the bolts are not red spotted like the others this is a new pump i do not want to void the warranty by turning the wrong bolt and screwing things up.If there is a chance of hurting the pump by tightening these two bolts let me know. thanks

Were it me, I would simply buy the DGK-121 (I think the number may have changed) seal kit and replace the seals.

DGK121's are getting real hard to find lately for some reason, unless someone has them in stock. I'd talk to the folks that rebuilt it and see if they'll help you out...

Were it me, I would simply buy the DGK-121 (I think the number may have changed) seal kit and replace the seals.

the pump is new i didnt install it.would have to get back with the owner to find out where he got it and who installed it.from what little i know the lock screw is to hold down timing position if i take it out to put in a new seal would it throw off the timing.i will be the first to say i dont know much about these pumps and dont want to make things worse just want to help the guy out.if its just take it out put in new seals whith no problems. i just dont know :welcome:

Last edited:
No need for the lock screw, as long as it is dissassembled/assembled correctly, you can't throw the timing off upon reassembly and installation on the truck. These pumps are really simple compared to others, it does look intimidating when you open one up the first time, but after doing several, it's real easy and doesn't take long for a re-seal job.

Back