Vents aren't switching

Compoundvinny

I have a 2001 2500 So last night me and my girl we're coming home from the bar she said she was cold so I put the air on when I went to switch the air from the floor to the vents it wouldn't switch it just stays on the floor could this be a blend door problem or a vacuum problem

Does the cruise work? The line is hard plastic from the vac pump behind the ps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna say switch or door issue. Normally no vacuum causes it to be stuck on defrost.

I'm leaning toward a hung or broken door.

The cruise doesn't work it never worked I research everywhere to find out if anyone had this problem and couldn't really find anything I just want to know if anyone experienced this before

no vacuum..start at the pump and follow the line,,its small black hard plastic

The vacuum line is routed into the cab in the area of the heater core. About 6" out from the firewall at the heater core is a vacuum connection. Just check for vacuum here with the truck running. If you have no vacuum just start tracing the plastic lines as there are lots of places to leak. Generally though it gets stuck on defrost with no vacuum.

Like everybody else said, it should default to defrost with no vacuum. A buddy has a v10 truck with a vac leak and everytime you go up hill it switches to defrost lol. Mine sucked a piece of paper out of the glove box and stuck it once.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Amazingly mine stuck on defrost this weekend. Cracked bad line. It defaults to defrost as stated. You got a mechanical issue sounds like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I was going to say because my vacuum line broke running across my fire wall and it stuck on defrost.

Back