Want 12's... how close am I?

trik396

I ran 14.16 @ 94mph a few weeks back. And I don't think I was at even 10lbs when I left. This was at a weight of 7740lbs with me in truck. I had tools and way too much stuff in truck. I think I can shave off around 400-500lbs easy. Plus I added a VA3.2 and then dynoed at 573rwhp corrected on Dynojet. I figure the VA gave me around 100rwhp. So if I drop to 7240lbs with the extra power, and I leave with better boost, does anyone think I can hit at least 13.teens???I know I'm not a powerhouse here but it's my daily driver and work truck. And I like to have fun...:tree:

Thanks..

if your truck weighs 7200 and you make 570 you will be really close to busting into the 12's
robert

you shouldnt be too far off.

heck if you look at the dyno numbers wade put down and the times he has posted something doesnt add up. 675 HP does not equate to 11.38 in the quarter in my book. but thats what happened.

Thanks guys... I hope I'll be close.

If not, I can always spray a little something to get me there... H2O/meth or nitrous... still haven't decided which to utilize...:ft:

look up no limits diesel performance,they are close t you and can help you get were you need to be

Never heard of them... website? location?

I do all the wrenching on my truck but it couldn't hurt to hang out with guys in the know...

trik396:

I was looking at your signature there and can't understand why you aren't going faster, unless the weight you mention is causing some of the problem?
I have an 06' with the new TST PM 3, the "Wild" Smarty, AFE Cold Air Intake,
Full Billet ATS Tranny but STOCK injectors, STOCK fuel system and I am running 13.1-13.2 @ 105 MPH.

--------
John_P

trik396 said:
I ran 14.16 @ 94mph a few weeks back. And I don't think I was at even 10lbs when I left. This was at a weight of 7740lbs with me in truck. I had tools and way too much stuff in truck. I think I can shave off around 400-500lbs easy. Plus I added a VA3.2 and then dynoed at 573rwhp corrected on Dynojet. I figure the VA gave me around 100rwhp. So if I drop to 7240lbs with the extra power, and I leave with better boost, does anyone think I can hit at least 13.teens???I know I'm not a powerhouse here but it's my daily driver and work truck. And I like to have fun...:tree:

Thanks..

Just curious what were your uncorrected numbers?

At 7200lbs,15psi launches and 565hp, I ran 12.8's, so you should be there.

Good luck!

Paul

The 14second run was my first time attempting the quarter in this truck. Heck of a time getting the right launch. I just didn't know what my boost was when I left and I'm thinking it wasn't much if ANY boost. My 60' times were 2.3 - 2.4 seconds... in other words HORRIBLE. Guess I was babying it way too much. Also I didn't have the VA box at the time of the runs. With the VA, better launch and less weight I better be low 13's or something is wrong.
I have no idea what my uncorrected numbers were. I asked the dyno operator if the numbers printed on the sheet were corrected and he said yes... How would I find out??? and does it matter?

Back