Was lucky last night . . . .

BC847

And didn't pound a hole in the head/piston . . .

Split-Nozzle_zps6c7f2945.jpg

Ya reckon I could run a stock injector next to the remaining 6x0.016" injectors till I can get a replacement?

I'm gonna pull the remaining injectors and visually inspect them at a minimum. Would there be any reason to think the others may present with similar fractures? Is there anything that I might be doing that might be precipitating such? Crazy injection event timing, etc?

Thoughts?

Just to get by I would just run a stocker next to those. Not for long though....

holy $hit, glad you cought that when you did. i seen what happens to cat motors when the injector tip breaks and its not pretty.
jon

You can run a single stock injector with no issues at all. You will barely be able to even feel that it's in there.

Got a weird tap/knock with swapping in a stock injector. :bang

I'm thinking the rather well advanced injection event timing used with the 6x16s isn't getting along with the stock fella? I'm pretty sure the pop-pressure is different as well.

Thoughts?

The fuel atomization is probably better with the tiny factory holes which results in a faster burn = more nock. I've got all kinds of rattle with temporary stock injectors right now.

Was lucky last night......

And didn't pound a hole in the head/piston . . .

With your choice of words, I'm can't believe this thread stayed on track this long. :hehe: Sort of disappointed actually.

What symptom did that cause? Masses of smoke and a dead cylinder?

What symptom did that cause? Masses of smoke and a dead cylinder?

truck2_zpsb8292ffd.jpg

Skeeter killin white smoke. No oily smell. Didn't really smell of diesel to be honest. Certainly a miss with the engine running.

Last edited:
Who'd of thought a VE could push hard enough to break a nozzle?LOL
Good thing you caught it before it did some expensive damage.
RonA

I guess I'm sorta disappointed none of the injector gurus haven't commented.

Back