Washington PA, 3rd and a jar of lube!

mech2161

I have a secret.
I and everyone that I normaly pull street with got bumped to open diesel. We were told payouts were higher and had to pay more entry fee. This is on top of paying to get in the fair like everyone else. When it comes to payouts they are cut by almost 3/4. Paid $70 for third. Cost me $34 to get to hook. After pushing the point they gave us back $5 and said they made a mistake. Mistake my foot.

Hearn took first with another Dodge in second, I got third.

mech2161 said:
I and everyone that I normaly pull street with got bumped to open diesel. We were told payouts were higher and had to pay more entry fee. This is on top of paying to get in the fair like everyone else. When it comes to payouts they are cut by almost 3/4. Paid $70 for third. Cost me $34 to get to hook. After pushing the point they gave us back $5 and said they made a mistake. Mistake my foot.

Hearn took first with another Dodge in second, I got third.
I've heard alot of guys saying that they won't pull at Washington because of things like that. Although we all just do it for fun....we still like to pay for fuel to get home.

It was a mess. Bumped us from street to open (twins). This included at least four trucks. Charged us $5 more on top of the $20 for street and the $9 gate fee. we asked three times what the payout was before we agreed to even hook. After seeing there weren't that many trucks in the class we decided to stay. I guess the didn't see enough trucks either and cut the purse. The guy said I was being a smartazz. Looks like New Centerville isn't the only place I'll not return to.

mech2161 said:
It was a mess. Bumped us from street to open (twins). This included at least four trucks. Charged us $5 more on top of the $20 for street and the $9 gate fee. we asked three times what the payout was before we agreed to even hook. After seeing there weren't that many trucks in the class we decided to stay. I guess the didn't see enough trucks either and cut the purse. The guy said I was being a smartazz. Looks like New Centerville isn't the only place I'll not return to.
That sucks. I've heard nothing bad about Westmoreland pulls coming up on the 23rd....should be fun. I was gonna pull at both, but my brothers truck broke down & my truck is the only one left to operate our business. I am just waiting until Smithton hole on Sept. 8.

No, fairboards..... they drive me nuts.

I never pulled there, but it is the same at all the fairs. Local rules, and local prices, subject to change upon outcome of pull.

Yeh Gene your right. These fair boards need are a bunch of goofs. We need to pick one or two a year and not pull. Maybe they could get their head out of there arse then.

I thought the pull at the Washington Fair was going to be better than it was. IMO, I think they had the sled set way to heavy for the open class trucks, and some of the street trucks should have been in the open class. As far as the Westmoreland County Fair truck pull, I know some of the guys there and they are pretty easy to get along with. But any turbo upgrade over stock might move you up to the open class.

As far as fairs go...... Excuse the threadjack. I am a tech at the Indiana County Fairs Sept 1st 4x4 truck pull. There are two Diesel classes. Street & Open. If you drive the truck in and it's got valid plates and inspection its a street truck (no hanging wieghts). If you trailer or tow it in it's in the open class. Open is a "run what you brung" type class. Street is a modified street. Stock trucks will get pounded, but who runs a stock truck?
There are rules but we try to keep it simple. I can get you all more info. rule wise if you men are interested. I hate to single him out, but I think Adam is planning on coming.

I'll be there....but not pulling.
Buddy pulls a big block gasser.
Hope to see some of you cats there.

Snedge I'm glad your here. If more people on the fairboard had any idea what it costs most of us to have the trucks we do they might get out of the 60's. The payouts are bad enough without being cut. We're not still pulling horses. Our trucks cost more than most of them paid for there house. I drove my truck to the pull and that was my argument(before they cut the purse) for street.

Farmer Davis that sled starts heavy no matter what they do. At every event I've been to with it they never drag the starting area. From 100' out the track wasn't too bad. The starting area was like concrete. I was happy with my hook and knew what to expect for track conditions and sled.

I have no idea what it's going to take for these fairboards to understand that without trucks they have no show. I'm not looking to get $1k payout. Don't cut it after the fact.

I just stayed local Friday night Kevin and pulled at Listie.

I plan on being at Westmoreland Thursday night, right now I'm up in the air about pulling. I will be pulling at Indiana Fair.

TurboBeagler said:
I just stayed local Friday night Kevin and pulled at Listie.

I plan on being at Westmoreland Thursday night, right now I'm up in the air about pulling. I will be pulling at Indiana Fair.

Good man.

Back