Water seperator fuel leak, need help...

My gf had her LMM's fuel filter changed at jiffy lube about a month ago, after about a week t started dripping diesel so she took it back and they "fixed" it. Well it began pouring fuel!

So I took it in there and what the deal is, is the little "top-hat" looking grommet at the tip of the drain petcock and the O-ring directly below it are leaking and allowing diesel to drain out the petcock. It looked to me like they were tightening the petcock to tight and crushed them. And at their expense they replaced the water seperator assembly because the grommet and o-ring were not available seperatly.

It is leaking in the same place AGAIN!

Does anyone know of a grommet and o-ring that will work in this location? I am getting tired of taking it back since it keeps leaking anyway but I sure don't want to replace the whole assembly over a little grommet! If it was my truck I would just cut the nipple off the petcock and put a screw in there lol.

Does anyone have any suggestions on replacement grommet or o-ring pieces?

I appreciate any help you guys have!

The water in fuel sensor ? Not sure how the messed the new one up. I'd make them buy one and you install it if the fukked up the first 2. They make a delete plug for it ; I'm trying to locate it now.

WIF Replacement Plug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of us on DP here have decided to try and get our own WIF plug made instead of continually replacing the plastic ones on our truck when they break or crack. However to make this work we need about 20 plugs sold @ cost. $50 CDN, Blue anodized plug with 1/4" npt threads on the bottom.

email me @ rholmen@hotmail.com

Back