we may not need combustion motors to race at all soon

Sub 12's in an electric car....it's the batteries, Stupid! LOL Very awesome!

I think it is awesome, we are headed in that direction whether we like it or not.

I'm not trying to take away from the guys acheivements, Thats an awesome rig!

But he's definately NOT completely done away with emissions related to his car.

The power plant that supplies the electricity to charge that car more than likely runs on coal.

Most don't think about that side of things when they say that electric cars will save us all.

Still... Sweet rig! Very impressive!

Impressive car, but what is the range on the street? I agree that this is the direction the world seems to be headed. I have said for years the most mpg could be had by a small diesel generator with electric dirve. Electic motors are the only thing I know of that will out tourqe a diesel.

Impressive car, but what is the range on the street? I agree that this is the direction the world seems to be headed. I have said for years the most mpg could be had by a small diesel generator with electric dirve. Electic motors are the only thing I know of that will out tourqe a diesel.

hence why trains use use diesel over electric i still dont under stand why most hybrids are gas when most generators are diesel except the small ones

Just think, we talk boost controllers, low comp pistons....Our grand kids will be using boost controllers trimming the brushes..

I dont care, my white smoke belching, ether addicted, AG governor loping, internal combustion truck will always be cooler.

Electric has always been faster.

Anyone that has spent much time with the brushless electrics that hobbyists have been using for years knows this all too well.

And fwiw, it's often the case that the mileage on a DC brushless motor is very, very good. As battery technology keeps making advancements the power density will only get better and better.

As convicted1 said... the energy comes from somewhere. Almost 10% of energy is lost going from the power plant to your house but 100% of the coal was burned. Solar energy has potential but is not cost effective with an average 15 year break even point. I plan to add solar panels to my house when it is more economical. It may be sooner depending on the cost of electricity in the future.

Back