weird boost issue

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
I noticed this on my trip today. First time I've really beat on the truck and haven't had a boot blow off.

I was wot in 3rd gear and had 40psi of boost. Shifted into OD around 3500rpm. Boost dropped to 30psi and then started to build back up to 40psi. As it built back up to 40psi you could feel the truck starting to pull harder. At this point I was at 100mph and my egts had been pegged long enough to bring the water temps up. I thought my converter wasn't locking so I tried it again with the lock up switch and same thing. Smoke was thick and black the whole time (apparently 425cc is to much LOL).

Any ideas? Fuel pressure was 25psi the whole time and it was 101* outside. Turbo is a htt 66/71/13ss. Gate is set to start opening at 40psi. I do not have the updated gate on it.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah to much fuel if it didn't clear up add some nitrous that should fix it!

How is your aneroid set up? I can't remember...may be set just enough to pull the plungers around and change your timing...

Afc is full forward. Was gonna pull It halfway back tomorrow.

By the way, thanks for stamping the plate positions on the housing. Made it real easy to dial in the fuel. And did you put a new plate in it?

Sounds like you have a wastegate problem. Try a pull with your wastegate line clamped off. Maybe lost a puck or broken puck.

That's what I was leaning towards and that's what I was gonna try next.

Back