WFE and Oliver Tractor Puller

mlshvb

It's great seeing all of the great stuff on the forum. I can't wait to learn about how I can get more power from my tractors. 1850 Oliver and 2-105 White. I do HP restricted classes as well as open farm classes, and I'd like to be able to easily adjust the Injection pump instead of tearing into the CAV all the time. Anyone know who would build a good DB2 stanadyne pump for me for a good price?

You're better off having someone build you a reverse rotation Bosch VE. It'll bolt right on the 105 and the CAV drive hub will fit, and if your 1850 has the newer style drive in it it'll work on that also.

Some good AFC tuning can help you out in the dyno classes.

I would love to do a ve pump but it has to be a stock appearing pump. The IH and JD guys give the Guys a hard time with Cummins conversions so I was hoping to just do something that is more common and looks pretty similar to the CAV. I saw in a previous post that you built a few db2 conversions before. Do you still do that?

It's been quite a while. I'll look and see if I have the correct housing to do that. If I remember right I was starting with a DM pump, and machined the driveshaft drive tang down to fit the DM rotor. It could be done again.

Let me know what you find. I think I would want to work on the 2-105 first since the stock motor is built for more power to begin with. I'd like to be able to run stock hp as a minimum and have a lot of adjustment to get more horse for the open classes.

I missed out on the roosamaster that Mfsuper90 had for sale on Pulloff. Did you go with a ve pump on your tractor? Just curious what direction that I should head. I've now read several suggestions about using a VE pump but I was trying to stay "stock appearing". Maybe I shouldn't be too worried about it. What do you guys think?

Our 354 had too many years of 1800F runs and 4K rpm runs down the track and finally said it had enough. The tops of a couple of sleeves were breaking off and the pistons were beating them up in the cylinders, so we had 3 junk pistons and a block that needed decked. So instead we changed the engine over to a 1006 Perkins, which has an inline pump and different style injectors.

So therefore, all my rotary stuff got sold to a fella in California. He's coming from a stock pump and injectors, he should be in for a surprise :hehe:

I have a VE pump on my 318 Perkins, decent pump for being stock. Would make a really nice pump to farm with, starts 100x easier than the old CAV! If I had a VE laying around, I'd try one on a 354. Can't be worse than a CAV

Any suggestions on what shop to contact to build one for the counter clockwise rotation needed on the 354 Perkins?

I'm thinking more about the VE. I was looking on a few sights and ebay, but it is hard to find a counter clockwise pump. I would think I would have to have one built, but looking for advise on what shop so it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. I bet I would need lines also, or I wonder if I could make a fitting adapter extension to adapt the factory lines to the VE.

I don't know, but some pumps you can turn either direction. And I'm sure you know this, but there's nothing cheap about any competition. Especially pulling

Back