What breaks first?

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
I'd like to hook to something just to see what my truck can do. It's totally stock except for upgraded transmission parts and approx. 300hp, maybe slightly less. Sled pulling isn't big around here, or I've never heard of any pulls so I'd be driving to the pull and hopefully driving home. Do I have enough power to break anything? Where would I start looking to find a pull nearest to Casper, WY?

I know this won't be a new hobby of mine, too much required to be competitive and not enough time off to drive everywhere to pull, but just once it would be a blast, so any thoughts you'd care to share would be welcome.

George

Good questions, I also wondered about the take off, do I use high or low range etc..
Who has some tips beginner pullers?

George, don't worry to much about driveline breakage unless you have a weak U-joint, now the clutches in the tranny could be a different story :bang:

I would like to do that too, when I lived ( and grew up ) in Pennsylvania, I hauled coal and when the fairs started up in the fall, they would have truck and tractor pulls... some of us would take our truck tractors or tri-axles and pull the sled... that was AWESOME. I would like to hook up with my pick-up and just see what would happen.

Back