What kind of egt's you hx40 guys runnin?

cummins.1

I put an hx40 on my truck. She runs great, I'm hitting right around 45psi but my egt guage is movin just as fast as my rpm tac. With the stocker hx35 on the truck, I never even seen 1400* now im seein right around 1600

With an Edge Comp and 150hp injectors with a HX35 you say you never seen 1400 degrees..........That I do not believe at all.

HX40/16 is a good turbo for what you have but you will still have some heat issues as it still is only a small upgrade over the HX35.An Edge Comp and 150hp injectors are alot of fuel to cool down for even for some of the smaller S300 variants.I would be very careful pushing the HX40 past the 40psi mark unless you had the cover and shaft pinned to ensure a long life.......Andy

Well when the hx35 was still on, the probe was post turbo. Which from what I hear is 200* cooler. But still, I never pushed it to 1400*. With the hx40, it's laggy so it takes a little more pedal to get her goin, when she lights my egt's are sky high. Would the 18cm exhaust housing have anything to do with that. I know thats probably to big for my application but I really couldn't pass up the price. What do you mean had the cover and shaft pinned?

a lot more than 200* difference at full tilt

what compressor wheel does it have? the 18cm isn't helping... I wouldn't run anything larger than a 16 w/ an HX40...

actually, I wouldn't run an HX40 :eek:

I think the 18cm housing is what is hurting you... possibly a boost leak too. I actually liked my 40, it was the 60mm version with a 16cm housing. I ran 7x12s and 7x14s with both my TST Comp, Edge Comp AND Adrenaline and it kept up with all of them... got pretty warm, but nothing I ever worried about. Just don't bark it and you should be fine. Try to find a small EH and you will probably like it alot more.

What adapter did you use to install the turbo to your exhaust manifold?

I didn't need an adapter, mine bolted right up. I figured the exhaust housing is the problem. I love it so far. Granted it's a small upgrade but I can feel a big difference

My friend is running a HX40, TST thats fueling heavy with some sticks, not sure how big. I drove it the other day and it does take more to get it going than my HY35 and his EGT's are close to 1500 and I didnt even have it all the way down.

im running a hx40 and 110s but i dont see over 1500. im gettin ready to get 200s so well see

Back