What programmer to run

Hagan

STROKIN
I now have a 04 powerstroke 4x4 with 203,000 miles auto egr blocked, fairly new injectors, truck already runs great but i need a lil more what programmer would be best fit for this truck, for around 400$. plz dont say SCT i have heard they have a lot of problems with slamming the tranny. If you guys could help it would be great

Make sure your not thinking SCT stands for Superchips, they're two different companies. With that said, SCT is the best for 6.0. It all boils down to who is writing your tunes. Get some custom tunes and you won't need to worry about tranny issues. I'd recommend innovative or gogo.

are u talking about the livewire or the regular programmer?I read a lot of reviews on the sct handheld programmer and there wasnt one good review, I was actually thinking about a superchips i had one on my 7.3 and it did better than my TS flip chip.

SCT X3- Innovative Diesel Custom Tuned

About $430 for a new one with custom tunes, or you can buy a used one and have them write new tunes for probably 300 total.

On edit, not many people cared for the livewire. Your best bet is to get the X3 and analog gauges over the livewire.

even if i just have the stock tunes in the programmer(not with custom tunes) ? i talked to a guy at inovative diesel yesterday and he said he would not do custom tunes b/c of the miles and the rest of the truck being stock

Buddy of mine is runnin around in an 05 with 230k on Matt @ Gearhead tuning.

Might be a good idea to take it easy on your truck, but saying it can't safely be done is not entirely accurate.

well i might get a hold of him and see what he says, i mean the truck runs great but when u know u can do more its hard not to.

Is the truck studded? If not it may be a good idea to not get real aggressive with the tunes. IMO, safe custom tuning can be done that will give you a nice boost in HP and good trans shifting.

no there are no head studs, i was just wanting something mabey the most 100hp thats why i was thinking something like a superchip or diablosport

Superchip or Diablo will be more likely to do damage than tunes written by somebody that know's what they're doin, and tunes for your specific year and model, not just tunes for 03-07.

even if i just have the stock tunes in the programmer(not with custom tunes) ? i talked to a guy at inovative diesel yesterday and he said he would not do custom tunes b/c of the miles and the rest of the truck being stock

I think he meant he wouldn't do high power custom tunes, like our Xtreme Street or Xtreme Race with stock bolts and high miles. The Street, Tow, and Economy would be a good choice.

Superchip or Diablo will be more likely to do damage than tunes written by somebody that know's what they're doin, and tunes for your specific year and model, not just tunes for 03-07.
The tunes in the Predator are specifically developed for each and every calibration available, it is not a generic 03-07 tune by any means.

The U7165 Predator or Trinity has 100s of tunes in its memory.

Thanks

so say i bought a SCT without custom tunes ? i have read some reviews on xtreem diesel.com and there was ppl on saying the hand held programmer was really hard on there tranny, im sure there talking about the stock programmer, also the rest of the truck is stock except the muffler is gone.

Naw man the canned tunes are pretty good and are not that bad on the tranny. There is a lot of people out there that talk a lot and dont know what there talking about these guys on here will not steer u in the wrong direction. The sct is the way to go for 6.0. The ones that are gonna really tear stuff up are the ones thay do not have tranny tuning.

Back