What stall speed 12v 369sxe turbo?

bellabulldog

I have a terribly mismatched converter on my 47re 12v truck. I've dropped my converter off to get it re-stalled. Is 1800 to 2k a good spot for street truck with a decent sized single?

Current converter in the truck when I hold brake and floor it, rpms stop at just under 1300.

Any advice would be appreciated. Build details in my sig.

Thanks,

Andrew

Who even builds a stall that low?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I ran a 1800 stall with a Silver 66 and still run that same converter with a single 80 and can still spool it. It spooled super fast with the 66 on there and was a fun street truck. Quite a bit slower now but still gets the job done!

I had that same stall it was terrible from a vp truck. I went to 1800 and it was better but not great. I went back to stock and it drives way better and doesn't smoke around town even towing.

Went ahead and got a 2600 stall converter install and holy smokes it made a difference. Means I use my TC lock up switch and watch my transmission temp around town but much more get up from bottom end even with density altitude in the 8500-9k range.

I ran a 1800 stall with a Silver 66 and still run that same converter with a single 80 and can still spool it. It spooled super fast with the 66 on there and was a fun street truck. Quite a bit slower now but still gets the job done!

I run an old DTT 91 in my 01' 12V with my Billet Silver 66. Dead stall is 1800, meaning that is where it stops gaining RPM, some refer to a flash stall as stall speed, it's more like 1500. A bit to get moving from a dead stop at 100F outside but light throttle shifts are around 2000. Power is around 600.

Bleed Cummins, should give you an idea!

Jim

Back