What would cause this vibration

Hope you figure it out, I have had the same issue with no solution. Changed about everything you can think of. Does your vibration seem to get worse when it gets colder, 45* and below?

Literally just had this issue, but it was ujoints in the rear shaft. Another friend had the same issue with new ujoints, and it turned out they just weren't "seated" properly, and the straps weren't quite on right. Might pull the shaft and rotate 180* also.

EDIT: To completely rule out the rear shaft/diff/axles, pull the driveshaft, run just the front axle on jackstands. That might narrow it down to the trans/tcase.

Last edited:
Update
I finally got around to tear into the rear end. There was next to no preload on the bearings. In a certain spot it would jump up to 60 in lbs. I took it apart gears were fine. Bearings looked fine too. I went ahead and replaced all the bearings. After that no more vibrations! I never would have thought that was the issue but it was.

Update
I finally got around to tear into the rear end. There was next to no preload on the bearings. In a certain spot it would jump up to 60 in lbs. I took it apart gears were fine. Bearings looked fine too. I went ahead and replaced all the bearings. After that no more vibrations! I never would have thought that was the issue but it was.

Back