What year model 6.0L intakes are interchangeable?

TxFireman1972

Just Me
I'm looking at buying a GoGo Diesel Stage 1 intake for my 2005 F350. I'm in the process of gathering all my parts for when the truck goes in for studs. I have no idea when I'll actually get it in the shop, so I don't want to mess with a core charge. I'm going to pick up a spare intake to send in to have done. My question is, what year models can I buy that will work on my 2005 6.0L? Isn't there a difference between the earlier models and the newer models? I just want to make sure a I buy a spare that will work for my 2005. Thanks in advance

Just ask doug@gogo, he won't mind telling you.
954-275-6801

You're gonna wanna get the '05-'07 intake then. The '03-early '04 has the balance port in the rear that links both the right and left bank together. It looks more or less like a toilet seat. If you use a manifold from a '03-'04 Doug will hafta cut the balance port off and plug both sides then. So seeing as that you have an '05 just get the '05-'07 manifold. I plan on doing the same thing hopefully in the next year or so. But, like already said..give Doug a shout and talk to him about it.

Last edited:
From Doug:

Any year can go on any truck.

I found out he removes the crossover tube from the 03 model anyway. Where the EGR cooler mounts is in a different location but like Doug said "All of that stuff is gone. Well, actually its in tiny little chips."

When I asked him if there was any additional cost involved in cutting the crossover out, he told me "Cutting the crossover out is easier than when I have to cut the diverter wall out of the inside of the 05 manifolds and weld up the opening that develops when the egr passage is cut off. 03-04 is easier to modify."

From Doug:

Any year can go on any truck.

I found out he removes the crossover tube from the 03 model anyway. Where the EGR cooler mounts is in a different location but like Doug said "All of that stuff is gone. Well, actually its in tiny little chips."

When I asked him if there was any additional cost involved in cutting the crossover out, he told me "Cutting the crossover out is easier than when I have to cut the diverter wall out of the inside of the 05 manifolds and weld up the opening that develops when the egr passage is cut off. 03-04 is easier to modify."

That's good to know then. Cause i have a spare '03 engine that i can use the manifold off of when i decide to do it. Didn't realize the '03-'04's would be easier to do...that's why i suggested the '05-'07. How long is the turn around time in getting it done?

Last edited:
Like I said, my main thing is...i want to get the intake now. So when I get ready to do studs, I'll have the intake here and ready to go. So if someone has a cheap spare laying around, let me know.

I had manifold done by DOUG last year. He said 04 1/2 is best [ no crossover] if you can get one. He got mine the first week of MAY, I got it back the first week of AUG. . HOPEFULLY for you things are not that backed up. Other than wait, it is a great looking piece. I had 2 done and sold one to customer.

Back