Where is the panel/defrost vacuum control motor located?

Borcht Warrior

Hey everyone, I have the opposite of the classic problem of the climate control only blowing out the defrost vents on my truck.
I can get air to blow to all locations except the defrost vents. I have done most of the pinpoint tests from the Ford workshop manual. I need to check on the actuator above but I cannot see where it is. Something must be blocking the linkage from returning to the no vacuum position.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

year of truck and model may help here... lol

Alot of the fords, diesel anyway, have a vacuum pump motor mounted on the fenderwell. You should be able to pop the hood, find a small vacuum tank and follow the line to the pump. It's normally close by.

Sorry started this in the wrong category. Just getting used to tapatalk on the iPad.

My truck is a 2006 F250 XLT, with manual AC not EATC. There are two separate control motors in the dash. One is for panel/floor and it is located behind the glove box. It has yellow and blue hoses running to it.

The one I am looking for is panel/defrost and is has a red vacuum hose running to it. The red hose runs up from the panel/floor actuator further under the dash but I cannot see it.

I am wondering how to get to it without removing the entire dash which involves about 35 steps according to the shop manual. And from reading the shop manual I am still unclear if that gets me to it.

This actuator can be found behind the stereo. If you had to change it you would likely pull off as much of the lower dash as you could. So I pulled my stereo out again and started pulling out all the extra wire and cables that were bunched up and placed back there. It turned out that my harness from my outfitter switches was blocking the actuator from returning to the "no vacuum" position.

I had installed these switches myself and fished this harness into position not knowing the correct route. Obviously my route was wrong.

Back