Which hitch will have more down force ?

Angle not a factor, rigidity is.
In other words a hitch engineered toward KEEPING more hitch height is going to reap more footage than any particular angle.
That's what I've found over the years, but I only been doing it since 1975, guess I'm still learnin.

I don't think anyone is saying hitch height isn't important for distance. The question was in regards to down force and in that case angle makes a difference. When you change the hitch height you also change the angle of the sled chain.

Angle not a factor, rigidity is.
In other words a hitch engineered toward KEEPING more hitch height is going to reap more footage than any particular angle.
That's what I've found over the years, but I only been doing it since 1975, guess I'm still learnin.

Well I'm back to I guess either one won't work better then the other. Rigidity is there on both hitches . I was hoping I could all the measurements to someone and they could plug it in to some fancy program and it would tell you the answer. I've used the one in picture 2 for years now and the one in picture 1 just at the last pull but it was just a test and tune and they were letting everyone pull the sled 400 ft plus. i went 320 and backed out of it. No sense in beating a new rebuilt motor for nothing .

Back