Which intercooler is the best?

94 12valve

Kingpin
Which do you guys run? And how much difference did it make over the stock?

Well I think the Spearco unit is best, thats why I have one going in my 12v truck. As for differences than stock I can't tell you. It isn't installed yet and the engine is entirely new...... In any event I did see some numbers posted somehwere of efficiency and flow rates and the Spearco unit came out on top.

Doug

Ive always heard you dont need an aftermarket intercooler until your above 600hp. Anyways most people say on an average you only see a 150* egt drop.
Doesnt seem like its worth it to me.

I'm installing a Cool Twist from Source Automotive...cheaper than a Spearco, and looks good. We'll see what happens, but with the cam and headwork going on at the same time, I won't be able to verify much!

BTW, I really wanted a Spearco, but Rip hooked me up with a package deal I couldn't refuse. I've heard many good things about the Cool Twist, too!
Chris

I have a Spearco intercooler on my tow rig and had one on my pulling truck until I switched to an air-water core design.
Turbo Response is better, it comes on earlier, and egts are lower overall along with taking longer to peg the gauge.

I've been very happy with it! Call me for your Competition Diesel Member discount on a Spearco.

Bobcat698 said:
I've been very happy with it! Call me for your Competition Diesel Member discount on a Spearco.

Now you post something like that:( Maybe the towrig will pop it's IC, and I can swap the Cool Twist in there sometime:D I doubt it though...it's already been though it's abuse, and is babied nowLOL

Chris

Bobcat698 said:

Will do thanks :thankyou2: ... but is goin to be a few months before I order one. I have to install my new phat shaft 62 :ft: that should be here Thursday:woohoo: then start saveing up for an intercooler.

Hmmm...
Wonder where Jetpilot learned his intercoolers from?...:hehe: :hehe:

I run a intercooler from Dura-Lite on my truck........Andy

Back