Which programmer

Blackmagic94

To haul ass and delete the DPF

IDP with Erics custom tunes or Spartan, and yes price is a concern. IDP said close to 950ish or something.

I'll try to break this down the best i can.

Spartan is pretty pricey, tuner alone is around 1300 bucks, without the 275 or 310 tune. A buddy of mine just got a package deal with intake, dual exhaust with tips, and a spartan tuner w/275 tune, and it was 2300 bucks i beleive.

The part where your not comparing just tuners anymore is when we talk about the livewire compared to the dashdaq, The dashdaq is much better than the livewire as far as guages goes, BUT the livewire will work for you, how long? I dunno, most people run analog gauges to go with, so if you add that to the price you are closer to the spartan price without the 275 tune.

Both tuners are very good, eric has his tuning dialed, I am actually in the process of getting a livewire to try out erics tunes for myself.

Interesting, i picked up a 2008 FX4 supercab on Friday with 42k on it for cheap. The truck has a Leer 700 toneau cover and got 17.954mpg with a mix of highway and stop and go on the way back from Phoenix to Tucson. Better than I thought. Now time to get the dpfd and a tuner.

Its all about foot control. I just got the truck back with new 34" wheels on 20s, 2.5" lift and a Job III front air dam, ill see how much better i get now on the freeway soon.

I would say spartan or Innovative, i am running Innovatives tunes and the are awesome, way better mileage then stock and a ton more power

buddy just got a 2010 and am lost on this 6.4bs LOL
what wont slip the stock trans but still delete the dpf and get some better mileage?

buddy just got a 2010 and am lost on this 6.4bs LOL
what wont slip the stock trans but still delete the dpf and get some better mileage?

You could try the new XRT from H&S if you don't want to spend the coin on the Black Maxx or Spartan's Dash Daq..

Ok this might be a stupid question but ya cant learn if ya don't ask. What is a pdf? I assume you guys are talking about getting rid of the stock exhaust that burns the catalyst? Where is a good place to read up on building power on a 6.4?

Ok this might be a stupid question but ya cant learn if ya don't ask. What is a pdf? I assume you guys are talking about getting rid of the stock exhaust that burns the catalyst? Where is a good place to read up on building power on a 6.4?

pdf is an adobe file :) DPF is the diesel particulate filter. it catches all the soot from your engine then burns it through regen (raw fuel) to get rid of it. id start in the 6.4 section where you are now!

Back