Who does Cam bushings in the Nashville area?

rightwinger

I have called pretty much every Machine shop in this area and none of them are capable of line boring cam journals for bushings. I did talk to Haisley on the phone, and they can do it, but I am trying to avoid driving 6 hours, or paying that much freight on a block. I would be willing to drive to KY or anywhere that's just a little closer than IN. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Call Cedar City in Lebanon. 615-443-3502. Pretty sure they have a machine shop that does theirs right down the street from them.

Thanks for the replies, Cedar City Diesel does not have the ability to do cam bushings, they were very helpful on the phone with some other stuff I needed, but they can't do bushings. I'll try to call some of the other suggestions, thanks for all the help!

Shacklett Auto Machine in Nashville
615-259-7858

or

Arrow Engine Machine in Chattanooga
423-634-0365

Beans does not do it, and they do not have a local place they have who does cam bushings either.....

Beans does not do it, and they do not have a local place they have who does cam bushings either.....

I figured they would know. I have a guy that does them, but western Pa. might be too far off.

Keating is suppose to call me back with some information. Hopefully He'll have a place that is somewhat in my vicinity.

Ok, called Arrow engine machine in Chattanooga and he didn't even know what service I was talking about, and said he had never heard of doing such a thing. I feel like people are just googling machine shops in my area w/o actually knowing if they can do cam bushings or not.

"Republic Diesel" in KY can line bore cam journals, but they charge 1200 bucks and that includes YOU installing the bushings.....does not sound like a great deal to me......lol.

We are located in Bowling Green, KY and can help you out. Send me a message if you need anything!!

"Republic Diesel" in KY can line bore cam journals, but they charge 1200 bucks and that includes YOU installing the bushings.....does not sound like a great deal to me......lol.

I was quoted similarly around here. Its not an easy process setup wise. If a shop doesn't do it often I can see why they want that.

Ok, called Arrow engine machine in Chattanooga and he didn't even know what service I was talking about, and said he had never heard of doing such a thing. I feel like people are just googling machine shops in my area w/o actually knowing if they can do cam bushings or not.

Arrow used to do all our machine work when I was @ Beans just FYI. They have since stopped using them, but figured they could get you taken care of. Guess not :doh:

At any rate, you should give Chase @ Kingspeed a call and see if he can help out.

Last edited:
Back