who has a built 6.4 trans? what did you go with?

HALE

I'm checking around at trans options and I'm wanting to eventually have about 700hp right now I run around with the H&S 250 KEM tune, but I want to be able to run the 345 and not worry about breakage, I plan on fuel and turbo upgrades later in the year but I want a good foundation with the trans. I spoke to brian at BTS and he was telling me about some people that have swapped a 4R into their 6.4 pwoerstrokes and I spoke with rudy's diesel and they told me the 5R built will hold 700hp all day, not sure what to think or who to believe, curious to see what you guys have done.

I don't know of any actual results with a 4r behind the 6.4 and I really so no advantage there with your goals. Converters seem to be the big issue with the 5r

All these high HP 6.4's runnin around, theres bound to be something out there that works.

Brian the owner of BTS claims that the 4R switch is the solution and that its a spacing issue in the clutches on a 5R and the spacing and other issues that causes them to fail at higher hp, he said that he has developed an adapter kit and for 6K I could have a built 4R installed with a torq conv that will hold the power and not have any issues... I'm trying to make the best decision before I spend 5-6K and BTS claims he would completely warranty the switch, but I'm located in Indiana and he is in Arkansas

Brian the owner of BTS claims that the 4R switch is the solution and that its a spacing issue in the clutches on a 5R and the spacing and other issues that causes them to fail at higher hp, he said that he has developed an adapter kit and for 6K I could have a built 4R installed with a torq conv that will hold the power and not have any issues... I'm trying to make the best decision before I spend 5-6K and BTS claims he would completely warranty the switch, but I'm located in Indiana and he is in Arkansas

6.4 would be wicked with one of Brians transmissions behind it, those things hold up to everything we've ever thrown at them.

I'm tempted to do it just because no one has and BTS seems very tough to beat, But the guys at Rudy's Diesel made it seem like the most unnecessary ever, they said that an elite or suncoast or one of RDP trans would hold power in the 700hp range with a standard torq conv not even an HD conv??? I jut have a tuner, exh, and cai I plan on fueling upgrades this spring and eventually turbos so I'm hoping to only have to build the trans once

I just pulled my 6.4 transmission out last night. I know for sure I will be running a Triple disk converter and im not sure what i will be doing with my transmission clutches. I think if i will run red eagle clutches and i want to do valve body work but im not sure what to go with. I really cant find anything that people offer. Im trying to shy away from spending big bucks at Elite or Suncoast for a kit that i can get for 1/4 of the price and get the same results.

mhop I'm very interested to see what you go with and how you like the results!!!!!!!!!

Im very interested too. i wouldnt mind putting a kit together that is just as good as everyone else kit but for half the price. Iv been doing alot of digging all day.

5r110 shift kit

aefddb0a-5a44-b78f.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I been running a Suncoast all billet shafts with a medium stall converter for 30 thousand miles and should be over the 700 mark without any issues yet.

I feel an all billet trans is a bit over kill. im looking to do something that is low budget and will work great for the 700hp guys.

I'm checking around at trans options and I'm wanting to eventually have about 700hp right now I run around with the H&S 250 KEM tune, but I want to be able to run the 345 and not worry about breakage, I plan on fuel and turbo upgrades later in the year but I want a good foundation with the trans. I spoke to brian at BTS and he was telling me about some people that have swapped a 4R into their 6.4 pwoerstrokes and I spoke with rudy's diesel and they told me the 5R built will hold 700hp all day, not sure what to think or who to believe, curious to see what you guys have done.

5R110 is a damn strong transmission from the factory for sure.

We are running a PPE Stage IV kit with Precision converter in my brothers truck.
I would NEVER consider swapping a 4R to replace a 5R110.

We are running a BTS 4r in our high hp DD making around 950 all day, holding up fine so far, shifts way better

MPD.... Around 4k mild build with billet input,converter,clutches and I think a deep pan. Mike will correct me if I'm wrong on process or product. It will hold your 700 HP

BOOM

Mike what was the final price tag on putting the 4r in, 4500 on the transmission and then around 700 for the stand alone?

Back