who makes a 20ft 8lug car hauler?

K204DR

I'm the Driver
I have a 18ft 7K car hauler, and alot of times its not big enough for what I want to haul. looking to move up to a 20ft one, with 8lug axles under it. can't seem to find one on the websites i've been checking, I guess maybe I need to call them to price one, but was hoping someone on here might have some good leads or links.
whatcha got? thanks.

PJ trailers, just option for heavier axle.. I have a 21 foot et tilt with 6k axle and I love it. Get the car and golf cart on it and haul anything I will need.

just found the link I have been looking for all day. they are a little far away but i like their trailers. anyone use thier tilt option? http://www.sltrailers.com/
curious how they work, and if its worth the tilt versus dealing with ramps.

8 lug wheels wont tell you much about axles as you can get 8 lug hubs on axles as small as 5200lb. Any trailer manufacturer can build heavier trailers. Sounds like most dealers down there dont carry them for some reason. Personally dont like tilt trailers, they have their uses but more stuff to go wrong.

Kronic

State line trailers look good, they were just to far away to go get one easily..
Tilt is amazing vs flat deck and ramps, and safer too.

I've got a load trail 20' 14k gvwr. It'll probably be for sale after the world finals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking for a bumper pull or gooseneck? You could grow into a longer gooseneck, it would ride a lot better and get the same mileage. I never messed with the tilt, but I hear people like them. I had a take 3 and loved it.

as much as one of those cost, I think I should keep my current trailer and just get a used gooseneck to use for bigger stuff.

I have a 18ft 7K car hauler, and alot of times its not big enough for what I want to haul. looking to move up to a 20ft one, with 8lug axles under it. can't seem to find one on the websites i've been checking, I guess maybe I need to call them to price one, but was hoping someone on here might have some good leads or links.
whatcha got? thanks.

a few years ago..

we were in the same boat that you are in now... a ranch my dad used to work for had nothing but 3500 crew cab long box chevys for ranch trucks... there was no option at the time for car haulers other than six lug and five lug axles, so my dad built a custom one with a 2 5/16th coupler and if I remember correctly, 7000 lb axles...

since that trailer was ranch property no one acquired it but the ranch owner.. now I just bought a 25 foot gooseneck (20+5) with a dovetail, for 2500 dollars, new tires and lumber, dual jacks, and toolbox up from, couldn't pass it up for the price... and it does the job well..

IIRC the trailer is Tex Mex? manufacturing, sold by deutz tractor in seguin.. how it wound up down here is beyond me.. but it works well...

from what I have seen recently, load trail, load max, and big tex will all make them to your specifications... and load trail are really well built for the price..

best of the best though in my honest opinion is PJ
id suggest a gooseneck for you if you are hauling a pickup, but cars, you need a bumper pull.. gooseneck might not work well for you...

Last edited:
Sloan kwik load!! Ive had one since 2001 and I USE this thing constantly and it hasn't failed me once.. Mine in particular is a 24' rollback and tilt with two 7k axles, recessed deck lights in the floor and toolboxes recessed in the front as well for straps etc. Great family owned business I spent some time with the owner last fall you know its a great design and product when its remained the same over the last 14 years. They are located just north of dallas.

I'd recommend pj. I used a 20 foot dovetail car hauler with 7k axles to haul an 8500 pound truck and it barely squatted

PJ all the way. We have one of their dump trailers (8 lug) and upgraded to 17.5 tires (load capacity is like 6600lbs per tire) and WOW that's the best thing we ever did. Pulls like a dream and haven't had a single tire problem since. A friend was needing a 42ft gooseneck and bought a PJ with the triple single axles with 17.5's and absolutely loves it. They aren't the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Back