Why did/will you buy a water meth kit?

dust

Pretty simple, just wondering why? Lower EGTS, increase power, MPG, safety, etc?

Do you think that it has done what you want it to?

I bought mine to try to help with egt's, and the notion of a bit better mpg sounded good too. The best help I got for cooling egt's was the bottom turbo, since then I don't run it anymore. It did help a bit with temps, din't notice mpg gains, and I wasn't after more power, I ran ro water in my setup just for cooling.

when I was running a single I bought it for egt and mpg.
it droped 230* and I gained 1.7 mpg towing nothing noticable running empty. I also gained noticable power when running 50/50 nothing spectacular you could just fell it kick in when towing 5-6k at 50% throtell as mentioned the botttom turbo did more for less money we will see how the mpg help this summer running around pulling the puller.

I am running a snow max mpg

From what I learned from Mr. Jeff Garmon methanol is a horrible injectable. Says its due to changing the injection events and can preignite your air/fuel mix before needed. Said water only if needing cooled but nitrous is best for an injectable. I won't ever run a kit after talkin to him and learning a few things from him.

I'm just a messenger. ;)

80/20 water to meth mix that I run at the track dropped peak egt's by 170deg with a single 650 jet. The only other time I really use it is when I'm pulling my trailer up a long hill, keeps egt's from getting too high.

From what I learned from Mr. Jeff Garmon methanol is a horrible injectable. Says its due to changing the injection events and can preignite your air/fuel mix before needed. Said water only if needing cooled but nitrous is best for an injectable. I won't ever run a kit after talkin to him and learning a few things from him.

I'm just a messenger. ;)

I ran a kit with straight washer fluid on my truck for street use without any troubles besides a little rust on the intake manifold bolts. My friend tried to make a hotter mix to go pull one time and that was one of the biggest backfires I've seen. It shot 3 feet of flame out of the tail pipe.

I'm just a messenger. ;)

Agreed that methanol on its own has no place in a diesel engine, but in a water/meth mix its only purpose is to be antifreeze.

Thats why they say NEVER go above 50/50. Above that you have raw methanol in the mix.

Back