Will it work

JNewman92

Its Only $$$$$
Here in a few weeks I will be installing my PPump on my 92. Anybody know if the intake horn on our trucks will be able to clear the P pump lines? Didnt know if any of you who have done this already knew, it seems like it would be close. Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Here in a few weeks I will be installing my PPump on my 92. Anybody know if the intake horn on our trucks will be able to clear the P pump lines? Didnt know if any of you who have done this already knew, it seems like it would be close. Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

They'll clear just fine. It did on mine.

Jared

If your using a 93 down intake horn get you a 94 up one. preferably a 24v one. The early ones are restrictive as hell. I lost 4# of boost but truck cleaned up a ton up top.

Stomp is running a stock intake horn and making upwards of 800hp last time I checked. I don't see any difference in intake horns, 1st gen, 12v, 24, twin ram, once it's pressurized it doesn't matter, the passages to your intake valves are more restrictive then the intake horn. Alot of ppl buy into the hype of intake horns but you couldn't convince me otherwise. Friend of mine with a 700-750hp 12v went from a banks twin ram back to a stock 24v intake horn with absolutely no difference in power.

Stomp is running a stock intake horn and making upwards of 800hp last time I checked. I don't see any difference in intake horns, 1st gen, 12v, 24, twin ram, once it's pressurized it doesn't matter, the passages to your intake valves are more restrictive then the intake horn. Alot of ppl buy into the hype of intake horns but you couldn't convince me otherwise. Friend of mine with a 700-750hp 12v went from a banks twin ram back to a stock 24v intake horn with absolutely no difference in power.

People think that bigger area means more volume in turn means more air. But like you said, pressure is pressure. Whether that is 5lbs or 100lb

In theory, if you increase the volume wouldn't that lower boost numbers for there is less restriction and more space to fill?

In theory?...... Boost is a restriction period. If you have a chain of restrictions why not lose as many links in that chain as possible. I know for a fact I lost boost, and lowered egts by going full 3" piping. Now I also gained power. Pressurized air is hot, thin air. I'd much rather have more volume than pressure. The air stays cooler that way.
Besides isn't that what everyone try's to do by adding twins, larger air to air coolers, and even spray??

Now if someone got a little carried away with some 8" piping I think there would be some definite lag, and it would be pointless.

Pressure and volume are inversly proportional, when one increases the other decreases. :charger:

I agree that the cooler you can make your charged air the more hp it will make, I was told one time that for every 100* you can lower your intake air temp you pick up 10hp, not sure If that's true just what I've been told. If you run a truck on a good dyno or have a consistent truck and run it down the track and simply swap intake horns I bet you there would be no more gain, atleast not one worth anything. I am simply speaking from experience and not necessarily ve trucks.

I understand what your saying. I was just trying to explain that it's not all about pressure! Pressure!!! Pressure!!! I learned this from a lot of different trucks, ve, p pump, and common rail.

my vp truck has way more balls at 40 psi than my ve truck at 55 psi with the same turbo. and the vp truck never gets above 1100*. the 1stgen can get pretty hot going down the track.

I guess I'm going off the fact that mine never got hotter then 1350* when I went through the traps, but I had twins like you said. Only thing with twins is, if fuel is present they create alot more boost (pressure) so if pressure creates heat wouldn't they cause hot air?

Yes. Pressure means you have a restriction somewhere. And that causes heat. A larger turbo may take longer to spool, but it will bring in more air without compressing, and heating it as much. Larger displacement is a good thing, that's why the bore out gas engines and put larger turbos on.

My truck had a super40/35 hybrid. Spooling at the line I could hold it back no problem T 10psi. Now with nothing else changed, except for my s366, I can't for the life of me keep it from spinning the tires trying to hold it back at 10psi. The truck has lower egts with the s366 as well doing this same test. When you want to make power think volume.

Back