Will m&h cheater slick hook up?

Wrangler_fb_33

Been looking alot at running a M&H D.O.T. Rated 30x14.5x16 cheater slick on my trucks. Both are 2wds and both are manual trannies. Will be looking to do 3rd gear launches.
My 05 will need caliper shaved down a little I know but I wont have a HP go really. It just keeps rising dual pumps will be on next week an should lay down aroun 700.
My 94 is a single cab 5 speed, will be doing a full motor build this summer and building it for more drag racing.
I plan on removing leaves and going with cal tracs an some kind of weight rack system I can remove.

But my main question is will they actually hook up without 4 linking them?

i have cheaters on all 4 corners of my truck and i have read alot of good things about them on 2wd trucks

I've run both the nostalgia and the cheater slick. The cheater slick does work well. I was impressed with them. The 60' times are the same as the nostalgia slick. 2wd truck at 6200 lbs.

Yep! Anything that sticky will do well as long as you don't have major bounce issues.

Like I say I was just worrie about 2wd vs them on all 4 corners. I don't think i will have much bounce issues. My hopping went away with homemade traction bars so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I like the extra 1" of the nostalgia tires but try aren't DOT rated is the only thing that was holding me back on those

Here's a shot of me driving f6jbob's truck (note air under front tires):
2011-Bradenton-launch2d.jpg

I'm not sure what size Jim had on, but they were a cheater slick (DOT rated slick). IIRC I was leaving around 20 psi of boost (have notes at home with details). They didn't need much burnout, just get them spinning to where you see a little smoke then power them out of the water.

I bet it's super secret hah, I'm going to try and get it to hook with leaf springs removed and cal-tracs

Jesus that thing leaves hard, what shocks in the front and rear if you know?

Its a 2 leaf setup with caltracs. Afco shocks on front and rear. Lighter front coil springs. Track locater on the rear. 30x14x16 m&h cheater slick. The truck with no factory seats(lightweight racing seat) 8 gals of fuel and driver (175lbs) weighed 6020lbs at the Florida race. 18 psi in the slicks. :tree:

Back